Academic visitors, including senior researchers, Ph.D. candidates and post-doctoral academics, whose work falls within a ACT research area may apply to visit the Centre for a period of three to ten months during the academic year. Visiting fellows must have sufficient English language skills.
Visiting ACT Fellows enjoy:
- access to the University library, containing over four million publications, 12,000 journals and vast online resources;
- access to the European Documentation Centre and a UN depository library housed within the Amsterdam Law School;
- UvA internet and mail accounts;
- invitations to participate in all ACT lecture series, research meetings, seminars and conferences;
- supervision by ACT senior researchers (for visiting junior researchers only).
ACT regularly works with sophisticated researchers visiting us from around the world. Visiting fellows can stay with the Center for a minimum of 3 months and up until 10 months while working with a sponsor, who is a senior researcher at the CSECL, and acts as their contact person. We strongly advise you to get in touch with senior ACT members before submitting your application to see whether they are interested and/or available to take you on throughout the period you are planning to visit the ACT.
Once you find a potential sponsor, you can fill out and submit the form below to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your:
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page list of your key publications
- A one-page description of your intended research.
ACT director, Dr. Marija Bartl, decides whether to accept applicants as visiting fellows. For administrative purposes, a monthly fee of EUR 85 is charged from all visiting fellows.
Library access only
Information for international visitors who wish to access the law library or other University of Amsterdam library during their time in Amsterdam can be found on the UVA library website.